Subject: [Leica] Real patriots don't take pictures
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Mar 31 07:53:57 2006

I get hassled all the time with a 4x5 view camera.  Why would any self
respecting honest to goodness no-good-nik ever use a 4x5, on a tripod, with
a dark cloth, taking 10 minutes to shoot 1 piece of film of a sensitive
subject?

If I were a no-good-nik, I would use a digital camera from a moving car to
minimize my exposure.  What is wrong with the official idiots acting as our
protectors?  How many times I have been chased off shooting a public place
with my 4x5, to watch some tourist go up and happy snap the same image?  Why
is one more subversive looking than the other?

If taking pictures is not approved of, what do our elected officials think
of the thousands to millions of pictures already taken of the building?
Amateur pictures, professional pictures, printed pictures, newspaper images,
even building plans.... they are all public already...

Maybe it speaks to the relative brightness of our officials versus the
brightness of the bad guys.  I have yet to hear of a terrorist cell getting
caught because they took a picture of anything.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Real patriots don't take pictures)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Real patriots don't take pictures)