Subject: [Leica] playing with my new toy
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Apr 1 20:00:54 2006

On Apr 1, 2006, at 7:02 PM, Don Dory wrote:

> Doug,
> I predict the days of you using film are numbered in the finger and toe
> quantities.  You lose the viewfinder of the SL but gain much better
> quality
> at 400, almost instant feedback, a "quiet" motor drive, a 200 exposure
> roll
> of film when things are really good, much lower film processing costs,
> and
> did I mention some really wonderful fabulous looking images.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com

Don, I've certainly lost my appetite for 400-speed film, and the other
advantages of the DMR and digital capture in general are not lost on
me.  There's a tree outside my office window that is a magnet for
warblers this time of year, and the DMR with its better high-ISO
performance and low incremental cost will be the primary tool for these
photos.  There are still some photos and will always be some photos
where the viewfinder makes or breaks the ability to capture the image
and that's where the SL shines.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com