Subject: [Leica] playing with my new toy
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Apr 1 20:37:27 2006

I have accused Doug of using stuffed birds.... his shots are that
good......He has admitted to using a blind ......which can explain why he
can get so close sometimes.....

But I suspect he is just plain good at what he does..... ......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I envy you your ability to not scare the birds.  I have purposely let my
back yard get pretty wild.  Starting last year I started to see a lot of
finches and other small seed eaters.  Boy are they shy, 600mm will not bring
them close enough even if I set out in a place near where they perch.  At
least until I get situated, even an hour later they are still in avoidance
mode.