Subject: [Leica] Another Olympus vs Canon digital question
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans#2)
Date: Sun Apr 2 08:57:02 2006

Viewfinders.....

When using Leica glass, manual foucs is required, of course.  I have
been looking through various Canon models for a few years now and with
my eyes, the focus is rather difficult.  The only one I have acutally
used is our schools Rebel and my focus success rate is less than 50% if
I want to shoot a macro at 2.8 or 4.  My succss rate on my R8 is 100%
(as far as focus is concerned).  I have viewed through 10D, 20D and 5D
and while they are all improvments over our Rebel, I still have a hard
time with it. The 5D is best, but I would not be able to use my 24mm
lens w/o modification.  Now enter Olympus.  I have not been in a camera
store that handles Olympus SLR's.  (Maybe I need a trip to Seattle...)

My question is, can one foucs manually easier through the Olympus
viewfinder than throught the 20D?  Is it electronic or optical?  Would
my success rate go close to 100% on it?  Does anyone have experience in
both systems?

I know there are other issues such as the change in effective focal
length of all my lenses on a 4/3 format.

Aram