Subject: [Leica] Getting off topic politically - an occupational hazard
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sun Apr 2 14:30:47 2006

Hi All,

On Apr 2, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> I think if most LUGers were photographic novices, it would be the
> other way
> around. But all of us have tried just about everything photographic
> at least
> once, so it isn't news

And BD echoed similar sentiments.

I enjoyed dinner yesterday with the Denver LUG, all of which used to
use Leica equipment often, and some of which still do, though mostly
digital. Others of us are waiting for Leica to catch up with us.
Sound familiar? In any case, though we were brought together by a
shared interest in things Leica, and retain that interest, our
conversations also vary widely. Our little group includes the
proverbial doctor, lawyer, and professional photographers both full
and part time, a systems administrator, business owner, and office
manager. Sometimes the professional pilot drops in too. Every one
there is long past equipment chauvinism. We typically show a lot of
photos to each other.

If my experience with LUG types is any indication, I can't wait to
meet other LUG folks. What a nice community Brian has helped assemble
these last 12 (?) years or so.

Will von Dauster