Subject: [Leica] Re: DSLR confusion
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Apr 4 16:30:11 2006

Damn, what is so confusing about NOT using features? :-) As Nick says, just
use the thing like a manual camera that gives you instant feedback - if you
want instant feedback. ;-) Yes, there are differences between digital and
film, and you will have to adjust to those. You will, for instance, have to
deal with the fact that unless you are using a camera with a full-frame
sensor - a Canon 5D or 1Ds, you will be getting greater depth of field that
you are used to. But that has nothing to do with the controls.

I think the real problem, Larry, is that you're an engineer - I don't mean
that as an insult. But I'd suggests that that means that you feel absolutely
compelled to read every page of every instruction manual, and to follow all
the steps as outlined. Don't do it!  Use the manual as a reference guide -
if you NEED to know something, look it up. But in the meantime, think of
your DSLR as an electronic IIIc, or perhaps as a Pentax ME - put it on
manual, take a light reading, set the shutter speed and f stop, and go take
photos. :-)