Subject: [Leica] do I want ImagePrint?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Apr 4 17:21:38 2006

At 07:44 PM 4/4/2006, you wrote:

>Will ImagePrint enable me to make better prints? Has anyone done an A/B
>test?
>
>Brian Reid

Supposedly what Epson did for the 2400 and 4800 did away with the
need to use ImagePrint to avoid metamerism in B&W, which is why most
people used it.  I got it with the 4800 anyway to save ink.  You can
use ImagePrint's Phatte Black ink with both glossy and matte papers
so you don't have to change the PhotoBlack and MatteBlack every time
you switch paper.  Changing the blacks uses up an enormous amount of
ink.  I haven't tried the 4800 without ImagePrint.  You get so many
wonderful profiles for every imaginable paper and everything I've
tried with IP and the 4800 has come out exactly matching what I
want.  You can read more about using ImagePrint with the 2400 and 4800 here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/4800-1st.shtml

I agree with what he says in this article.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com