Subject: [Leica] why we photograph?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 6 07:46:08 2006

Colin J offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] why we photograph?

> My photography improved very much after I took
> drawing classes at the local college.  I took the
> classes to help my architectural photography but
> it made me think more about composition always,
> not just in shooting buildings.  When I can, I
> now take more time to previsualise.<<<<

Hi Colin,
I'm sure "previsualizing" has much to do with the variations of subjects we
all shoot.

The action of previsualizing a subject has never been part of my photography
and even though I've read of this action by many, I must shoot in an
entirely different manner and mind set.

Mine is generally like the action of, "Jeeeeesh look at that, click!"  I
suppose because my photography is primarily people, actions and things
happening there's hardly a second to previsualizing because if I did the
action would be over.

But I find it interesting when I read photographers "previsualize" a scene
then shoot. I can understand why in many cases, none moving things, but it's
extremely rare I have.  Maybe I should change subject matter and slow me
down a bit. ;-)

ted