Subject: [Leica] why we photograph?
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Fri Apr 7 09:45:48 2006

My father was an engineer, his life-long career preceded by many years as a
draftsman. I can  remember whenever he would say, "let me draw you a
picture." Then some quick pencil lines on blank paper would describe a place
or concept so quickly and simply. Given time and some lessons, I think many
of us could learn to draw in a rudimentary way that would assist in getting
ideas across.

In any case, I do use the phrase a lot, "Let me draw you a picture." It puts
people in a mode to understand something, whether the drawing is my
scribbling of a map, some  hand-waving or a metaphor. In a way, I'm drawing
like my dad communicated, only with photographs. And sometimes with words
attached, too.

Gary Todoroff