Subject: [Leica] why we photograph?
From: C.R.Marshall at uwsp.edu (Marshall, C.R.)
Date: Fri Apr 7 12:00:49 2006

My photography instructor in college (his name escapes me. U of
Arkansas, mid-late 70's) suggested that photography was art for lazy
people. (I still disagree.)

In my opinion/experience, it is easier for an amateur to get a
recognizable image with a camera than with pen and ink. I suspect that
is easier for an amateur to recognize a bad drawing than a less than
artistic snapshot.

Because of this, I found the photography class less frustrating than my
drawing class.

C.R. Marshall

B.D. said:
>But I have to respond to this..
Saying "anyone can draw" is like saying "anyone can photograph," "anyone

can write," "anyone can play viola." While it's true on a basic level,
it's
actually nonsense.