Subject: [Leica] Re: DSLR question
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sat Apr 8 08:32:34 2006

Let me add my two bits to what Neal, Gary, and of course BD have said
on this.

The better quality Olympus lenses are indeed superb. The kit lenses,
while very good and in my experience better than the Canon kit
lenses, aren't quite as good.

On BD's recommendation I've also purchased the 14-54 F2.8 and been
using it for about a week and a half. It is an excellent lens, and a
very noticeable improvement over the kit lens.

Their 11-22mm is in a class by itself as far as I'm concerned. My
recent California coastal photos with that lens have moved me from
Canon solidly into the Olympus DSLR camp.

I'm also looking forward to the pro-level replacement for the E-1,
whenever that happens...

Will von Dauster