Subject: [Leica] Seder
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Apr 8 22:03:41 2006

Hi Tina,

I can see why you feel cheated...In a family that really observes
Passover, there would be a lot to photograph, as the preparations for
the holiday can be very extensive. The preparation of the seder meal
itself is probably no big deal, photographically speaking, because aside
from the few specific foods that must be on the table (matza, bitter
herbs and a few others) it is a normal festive meal like Thanksgiving.

For Luis (and others who may be interested), seder is the traditional
meal eaten on the eve of Passover, a holiday commemorating the Exodus of
the Jews from Egypt. A good overview of the holiday and its rituals is here:
http://www.jewfaq.org/holidaya.htm#Seder

This year, Passover begins at sunset on 12th April, i.e. on Wednesday.

Nathan