Subject: [Leica] New photo essay - Geneva
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Apr 9 02:06:04 2006

Just took a look through your pages Kelly, Philippe is right.
Some interesting stuff to look at.
In my opinion, however, the Sachsenhausen and Titanic shots are just
srceaming to be shown in BW.
Particularly in the case of Sachsenhausen the shot of the three
execution posts and the row of toilets just don't "need" colour. That
said, the shot of the ("shower"?, and we all know what that meant) room
in artificial light works well as a colour/monochrome.The last shot of
the grey hut doesn't do anything for me at all to express anything of
the horrors of the place - of course when you've been there it's
different - I personally felt embarassed about taking photos at
Bergen-Belsen, it just didn't seem right to me. Even though very little
of the actual camp is still to be seen - just colossal rectangular mass
graves with
stone epitaphs to the effect of "Here lie the bodies of 10,000 ....".
Douglas