Subject: [Leica] New photo essay - Geneva
From: kmcerlean at hypermedia7.ie (Kelly McErlean)
Date: Sun Apr 9 01:19:20 2006

Hi Philippe

The P&S look was partly due to the hard contrasty light that day. Also, the
DigiLux gets serious lens flare when you shoot near the sun so it limited
the angles I could use.
The results with the DigiLux are generally excellent except if you try to
push the latitude of over and under exposure. It gets pixellated quite
quickly.

These shots are in line with much of my recent work which is simply looking
at spaces, and particularly spaces without people. If you have time have a
look at 'Titanic' at
http://www.kellymcerlean.com/PhotographyArchiveFrameset.htm

These are some of Cobh in Ireland where the last people boarded the Titanic.
The space had been derelict for years, I happened to be passing by on the
day a painter was tidying up the main gate. He went off for lunch and I went
in to take these shots.
When I was taking these shots (this is also true of the essay
'Sachsenhausen') I felt the space itself had retained a memory of the events
that had happened there.

Regards

Kelly

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] New photo essay - Geneva)