Subject: [Leica] Re: Wedding photos
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (lrzeitlin@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 16:43:34 2006

<<Yes, the father of the groom just has to smile and say hello at the
rehearsal- you have no real job, drink up and keep to yourself how much this
is costing the father of the bride :)>>

As the father of the bride, I hope you parents of young men can appreciate
my pain. I have four
grandchildren, all girls. I'm afraid the forthcoming nuptials will bankrupt
my family. Perhaps I can takl up the
romance of eloping while they are still young.

Anyway my youngest  daughter had a lovely wedding on a luxury yacht cruising
New York harbor in the best
September weather I have ever seen. While I brought a full armory of
photographic gear, my best pictures
were taken with a Leica Digilux Zoom. The official wedding photographer did
all the heavy photographic lifting
with the formal shots while I was free to flit around amongst the guests
snapping all those slices of life that
are cherished long after the formality of the ceremony is forgotten. Some of
the best shots were in the
bridemaid's ready room as they fixed each other's dresses and hairdos. All
were good friends of my daughter
so they were used to having me around. The tiny camera didn't intimidate
anyone. A good time was had by
all.

It was one of the few times I thoroughly enjoyed a wedding. Even after
footing the bill, I thought it was
worth it.

Larry Z