Subject: [Leica] Re: Touch typing keyboards
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Mon Apr 10 21:51:59 2006

David, Jim, Larry - keyboards may seem OT, but are still a good lesson in
ergonomics, which certainly applies to the Leica M - one of the most
ergonomic devices ever built.

As I type, making a beautiful racket on my 1984 IBM keyboard, I can look
down and see the little "pips" on the F and J keys, used by many new
keyboards as well. Problem is, my *fingers* don't notice those tiny things,
whereas they literally *fell* into the old dished-in keys.

Thanks for reading and responding to my comments about ergonomics on the
blog. I feel that the word "ergonomics" gets a lot of lip-service these
days, but the concept received much more careful analysis in past years when
ergonomics wasn't even in the vernacular. Most keyboards today feel like
mush.

Some DSLR menus turn your brain to mush.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger
www.northcoastphotos.com