Subject: [Leica] Touch typing keyboards
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Tue Apr 11 17:27:49 2006

Actually, Dave, it's the IBM keyboard tactile feedback (more than the sound)
where the keys behave like the action of a cricket-clicker toy. Your finger
presses on the key, then "breaks through" as the spring underneath gives way
suddenly. It's hard to describe if you've only used the mush boards of
today, but that  "tensile" touch gives the positive feedback that you've
actually registered the keystroke.

And Eric's keyboard still did not appear to have the dished in home keys.
Neither does mine - anybody know where to find that feature in a keyboard?

There's something about a good old keyboard that's slightly reminiscent of
the shutter release on my 1954 M3 (728th one made), which has the sweetest
touch of any Leica I've ever used. Another perfect tactile touch is the
precise trigger pull on my Remington Model 37 Rangemaster target rifle, even
older than the M3, and built in a time when things like that seemed to
matter more.

Gary Todoroff