Subject: [Leica] 50 asph lux: any mushy feel on focusing?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Apr 11 17:55:25 2006

Andrew,
Yes, the feel of the focusing gets a little different as you focus closer
than about 5 feet.  Oh well, I've used my 50 ASPH hard for the last year and
it is probably the best lens I have, bar none.  Sharp, contrasty, good oof
almost all the time, very little flare in some very harsh conditions,
extremely useful at F1.4.  The point of a lens is to deliver an image on the
film, when I want to see the detail the 50 ASPH is the lens I pull out.  I
have other lenses that I will use to be romantic, most often a Summarit but
sometimes a Summar.  But you know what, I can add a little gaussian blur in
a layer in PS and become romantic.

Don't worry about the mechanicals of any Leica lens, it will be focusing
light long after you and I are gone.  Choose the lens based on what you need
cut on film and shoot away.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com