Subject: [Leica] ULTRA long exposures - months to years!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Apr 16 09:11:39 2006

Eric,
Exposure would be the easy part.  Just for example you get a base reading of
1 sec at the given aperture.  A ten stop filter would get you to 16
minutes.  Stack another ten stop filter and you get about 33 hours.  At this
point minor timing changes will not have a serious effect as you would have
to double or quadruple the exposure due to reciprocity failure.

So, I would start with a slow film, a small aperture, and your 10 stop
filter and bracket at 10, 20, 40, and 80 minutes.  Bring a good book or
another camera and enjoy the time.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com