Subject: [Leica] Yellow-rumped Warbler
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sun Apr 16 09:22:58 2006

On Apr 16, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Don Dory wrote:

> Doug,
> Is setting the DMR at 400 and underexposing better than using a set 800
> ISO?  The shot you posted looks extremely good at the size you posted,
> do
> you see any artifacts at any reasonable viewing size?
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com
>

> On 4/16/06, Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> These have been migrating through here recently; one of their favorite
>> refueling points is the almond tree outside my office window:
>>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/parulidae/yrwa01.html
>>
>> technical stuff: R8/DMR, 560 f/6.8+ extension tube, ISO 400
>> underexposed 1 stop & pushed in processing
>>
>> All comments welcome

Don, This was mostly a trial of David Young's suggestion for better
noise control at higher ISO.  Since there aren't any areas of deep
shadows in this picture I don't think this was an adequate test of the
technique; with this in mind I don't see any significant noise
artifacts in this picture.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com