Subject: [Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Apr 20 08:10:37 2006

Philippe:

Darn, now you tell me. I just spent last weekend at the Dali Museum in
St. Pete and was in awe over Rothko, Pollock, et al. I came home all
intent to take some unexposed Tri-X, bake it , let my cat pee on it,
scan it, make "giclees" and pass myself off as an artist. Now I have to
admit, Ms. Morando is stretching the point a bit. Lords Prayer or Hello
Dolly, it matters not. I'll stick to old Henri.  :-P

Walt

p.s. while following this thread and viewing "art" on the link I did
find one image that wasn't too bad. Looked like a good way to have fun
and keep the doctor away.

http://www.photoeye.com/gallery/forms/index.cfm?image=1&id=186455&imagePosition=1&Door=2&Portfolio=Portfolio1&Gallery=2

Philippe Orlent wrote:

> Once there was a guy just smuthering around paint drips on large
> canvases.
> Anybody could do that...
> Jackson Pollock was his name.
>
> I don't mind miss Morando asking the price she asks. It's just the
> methaphysical babble around it that's a bit too much for me. Sound
> like a postratio to me, just as a legitimation for it 'being art'.
> Always makes me a bit suspicious. That's why I used the verb 'hyping'
> in my initial reaction.
>
> Op 20-apr-06, om 15:31 heeft Ian Watts het volgende geschreven:
>
>>> I just got an e-mail announcement from PhotoEye of these wonderful
>>> new prints.
>>> Will somebody please explain these photos to me.  $1900 each.  Don't
>>> stop with one.  Look at all 20.
>>>
>>> http://www.photoeye.com/gallery/forms/index.cfm?
>>> y=2&Page=
>>> or