Subject: [Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Apr 22 14:47:30 2006

For me, film has an intangible look to it that digital hasn't given me yet.
And I really don't like the huge DOF of wides used on digicams. And when I
use a 20mm lens on my dSLR, I need a level to avoid converging parallels.

Oh, and when my Bellsouth modem trashed my hard drive two years ago, it took
all of my digital work to that time with it.

Oh, and I cannot find a PS plugin that makes a photo really look like it was
taken with Tri-X and developed with D-76. That may be the biggest drawback
to digital. It looks so digital. If I wanted all my pictures to look like
that, I'd bought a Hassie and saved all of the money from those 50's.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya)