Subject: [Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Apr 22 14:58:45 2006

I wasn't surprised to see Fujifilm stop producing the Texas Leicas. They
were just too damned big. And I wasn't surprised to see Bronica fold up.
They were always second fiddle to Hasselblad. Contax never really made it
big in the MF area, so their withdrawal wasn't too surprising. And Pentax is
going after the consumer digital market, so they needed to change focus. But
Mamiya was pretty much MF only, and not going after the consumer digital
market, and was pretty well entrenched in the RB67 market. To have them drop
the line was a bit saddening.

And when Rolleiflex drops the TLR line, it will be even sadder.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com