Subject: [Leica] the subject is too centered...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 23 07:09:52 2006

Eric showed and said:

> it's the wrong time of day for flattering light, she's looking straight
> into
> my lens, and she is camera-aware.  Oh yeah, I didn't bend my knees and get
> down to her level, either.
> > What do you think?  I'm too biased.<<<

Eric,
As a happy snap it's not bad. The angle at least allows for a clean
background and she isn't squinting having to look into the sun. So I could
live with it.

However, when you know you should've bent your knees why didn't you at least
try it? Maybe you did and the shot didn't work. There I gave you an out.;-)
Certainly if there was a clean background without having her looking
directly in the sun direction.

At worse you could've created a clean background by going aperture wide open
and focused sharply on her eyes and the dandelions held closer to her face
making for a tighter composition. And possibly a better picture.

And that me old son is what we have knees for.... to bend for better
pictures.;-)

ted