Subject: [Leica] Chernobyl Legacy
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Apr 24 13:42:29 2006

Charles C. Stirk Jr suggested looking:
>I saw Paul Fusco's essay on the Chernobyl Legacy & thought
> it would be of interest ...
>> "The nightmare of Chernobyl continues to be a painful
> reality for those exposed to its radioactive fallout. In
> Chernobyl Legacy, Paul Fusco faces the human tragedy of the
> world's worst nuclear energy disaster.... "
> Direct link to the  flash program
>> http://todayspictures.slate.com/inmotion/essay%5Fchernobyl/<<<<

Quite frankly the people of the world have no idea what this disaster did
and is still doing! Worse? Will do for many years to come. We have not seen
the end of it and photojournalist will be shooting the same kind of
photographs 50 years or more from now!!

All you have to do is be there, I was, six weeks of hell!!!  1992 and that
was just the beginning of the children you see in Paul's pictures. I left
rooms in tears as I kept relating too my 10 grandchildren and their yet to
be children because of the effects of nuclear power plants gone wrong. And
the idiots who advocate the use of nuclear arms!

Like it isn't just in the back yard of one nation... think about this....
everyone of us on this list, maybe some more than others are or would be
affected.

And when we hear or read reports by the idiot Prime Minister of Iran going
on about "Nuclear power plants?" And in the same voice about obliterating
another country? I'm sorry one has to really question his mental
capabilities in that he would be affecting each and every one of us,
including his own people, if Iran were to use some kind of nuclear weapon!

I also realize this maybe considered off topic. However, I didn't bring it
up, but let me say I shot everything in '92 with M6's, R8's with motor
drives and Tri-X. And no you can't see it!

ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Chernobyl Legacy)