Subject: [Leica] Cape Ann
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Apr 25 10:19:09 2006

Gary - Back when Rockport was a quaint fishing village Cape Ann
attracted artists from all over the Northeast because of its rocky
coastline and beautiful undisturbed harbors.  I don't know how long
that shack has been there but I can remember seeing watercolors of it
when I was a kid.  It was so famous that when it was blown over
during a storm a few decades ago (if memory serves) reconstructed
from the old boards plank by plank exactly as it was.  I think was
rebuilt yet again more recently.  So it's the original, sort of....
:-)  Rockport wouldn't be Rockport without Motif #1.

I can see why the Carson House gets so much attention.  I'd love to
have a go at it with the 15mm Nokton myself.

Sad to say I won't be in Saratoga Springs.  I was getting all geared
up to go when I double checked my calendar and found it full of other
commitments.  Am definitely planning on the Wetzlar meeting though.
Am just waiting to hear back more about the hotels from LHSA.

Enjoy Saratoga.  Never been there but I hear it's a beautiful place.
Thanks for the comment.

Dick