Subject: [Leica] Re: SEAT car
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Apr 26 11:55:45 2006

The SEAT was a Spanish built Fiat with a tiny (980 cc.) 4 cyl. Porsche
engine. The car was a bright red little econobox that would get 40
miles to the US gallon. Top speed was about 85 mph, more than adequate
for the Welsh roads. We bought the car with about 108,000 miles on it
and sold it, after two years and another 20,000 miles, to our next door
neighbor's son for 350?. He didn't care too much about the mechanical
condition but felt that the bright red finish, the sun roof, and the
working Grundig cassette radio would attract the babes.

I understand that SEAT was later acquired by Volkswagen. Hitler and
Franco must be shaking hands in Hell.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: SEAT car)