Subject: [Leica] PAW 16 and 17 - Athens, The Parthenon
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Apr 26 13:17:00 2006

Well, recently we took a short break and took the kids to Athens for a few
days.
A city I love, although much changed since I first went there. There will be
few Greek PAWs as I work my way through the backlog!!

Somethings change, but some don't:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album347/HorsesheadParthenon2006

as you look at this remember that at the time, 2400years ago,  our ancestors
were living in mud huts and could never have entertained the idea of The
Parthenon, much less to create sculptures of the sublime beauty of these.

M3 9cm Elmar f11 @1/500th Kodak BW 400CN

Far less could they even have dreamt of creating the Beauties of the
Erectheion
who even in their present forlorn state - I know they are casts - are still
wonder to behold.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album347/TheCaryatids

M3 9cm Elmar f16@1/500th Kodak BW400CN

Don't forget that there were two Acropolises BEFORE this!

Constructive criticism is as always welcome, but just dwell on the beauty of
Greece.

Peter Dzwig

PS Yes, I am rather sold on Ancient Greece ;-)

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] PAW 16 and 17 - Athens, The Parthenon)