Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: rhc3vt at hotmail.com (Richard Coutant)
Date: Thu Apr 27 08:28:53 2006

With pre-split firewood hitting $200 a cord in places around here it's not
as great a deal as it used to be unless you have the time and the physical
ability to do a lot of the work yourself.  The latest advance in northern
New England heating technology seems to be the self-contained outdoor
woodburning furnace, that burns nearly anything and keeps the dirt and ash
outside.
And it's expected to be in the 20s tonight...

Public transport in rural Vermont isn't even a possibility.  I'm getting
almost 30 mpg in a 6-cylinder 5-speed Camry, but you need four wheel drive
in the winter, not to mention mud season.  My winter car has been an old
Tahoe, but $90 for a tank of gas that gets me maybe 400 miles isn't going to
work next winter.

cheers from Vermont.

Richard

Replies: Reply from vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Re: Small cars)