Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 22
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Apr 29 20:15:13 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 8:29 PM, Jim writes:

> Just out today with my trusty Bolex D8L (the M3 of 8mm movie cameras)
> finishing a roll of film begun at the Carlisle (PA) antique car show.
> As I
> wandered by the Fairmount Park water works, I shot the usual stuff:
> boaters
> on the Schuylkill River, rock climbers at the museum, a group of people
> riding Segways.
>
> A little while later, I caught an impromptu wedding.  It was the
> perfect
> size: bride, groom, minister and two witnesses.  They found a sunny
> spot
> near the waterfalls.  I wound up the Bolex and shot the short ceremony
> on
> b/w 8mm film.  The party seemed surprised that someone showed up with a
> camera (though one of the witnesses has some digital thingie.)  As
> those of
> you who know me are aware, I was not shy about moving in for a
> close-up or
> two.
>
> Afterwards, we exchanged cards for wedding movies.
>
> If there's any interest here, I suppose I could post the converted
> film-to-dvd (promised them a DVD conversion) to YouTube.

Coincidentally, I too have a Bolex D8L, although it has been sitting
unused on a shelf in my closet for about 20 years. I do have about 1500
feet of 8 mm film covering family events from the 20 years before the
svelte camera was retired in favor of a monstrous camcorder. Can anyone
recommend a source for getting the film transferred to DVD? I've
located a few places on Google but I have had no experience with any of
them.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 22)