Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 26
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Apr 30 17:49:58 2006

On Apr 30, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Don wrote:

> William,
> Hmm, does your son do Sonnet V4's?  My wife and I had one until we
> compared
> braking distances with a large american car and won :(
>
> With a little hot rodding and welding the freewheel it should be a
> blast.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com

If you really want a blast, try a Saabaru. i own one, a turbocharged
Saab 92-x Aero, which I use as a metal carrying case to transport my
Leicas. (This to appease those Luggers who insists that this is purely
a photography board.)

The Saab Aero 92x is just the thing for senior citizens who want to
recapture their youthful love affair with high performance automobiles
yet not flaunt their second childhood in front of their neighbors.
Encased in an attractive, upscale yet conservative, body lies the
mechanicals of the firebreating Subaru WRX. This implies wonderfully
responsive AWD handling, breathtaking midrange acceleration, near
felony range top speed, and good reliability. And when you park the car
you go back to being a responsible member of society. The only giveaway
is the turbo scoop on the hood. There are few downsides except the
requirement for premium gas. This is the penalty for the adventure.

And given the fact that GM, who owns Saab, has just sold its interest
in Subaru, dealers are discounting the soon to be orphan car to near
cost prices. It's a real bargain.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 26)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 26)