Subject: [Leica] Known facts concerning Leica Cameras
From: roy at detroitphotographic.com (Roy Feldman)
Date: Sun Apr 30 11:30:51 2006

After 25 years of being a professional photographer I feel the need to
state some facts regarding cameras, Leica in particular. Please feel
free to add to this list so as to help those with less experience.

FACT: All cameras slither: a.) when placed in the middle of a table
all cameras will eventually make their way to the edge. b.) all camera
straps will dangle off the edge even if first placed in the middle.
RESULT: anyone or animal within 10 meters of the camera will be lured
to the camera and snag the camera strap sending it crashing  to the
ground.
RELATED: All cameras will jump off automobile seats no matter how
gently you stop.

FACT: The only safe place to store a lens cap is a front trouser
pocket,in any other spot it will be consumed by strange forces.
RESULT: A painstaking Internet search to find a used version, since a
new one is one hour through rush hour away and forty dollars. After
finding and charging it on line you are called by your Charge card
company asking you if you bought 4 Plasma televisions for someone in
the Ukraine?
RELATED: After driving one hour through rush hour to buy a forty
dollar cap upon returning your wife says: "Oh I found one of those the
other day, is it important?

FACT: Leica embeds a, occasionally visible, thumb print on the front
of every viewfinder. No matter how careful you are when loading film,
handling your camera and putting it in the bag this thumb print will
appear squarely centered in the middle of your viewfinder.
RELATED: It will disappear only briefly after cleaning.

FACT: You are always ready if the next Pulitzer prize winning photo
knocks at your door, your camera is loaded.
RELATED:But with what? Nagging doubts (did I set the ISO?) causes you
to rewind (oops...too far) and have to try and find the film puller
thing (see lens story cap above).

FACT: The battery cover on my M7 can be dislodged by a strong sneeze
causing me to put tape on it to secure it.
RELATED: The battery cover on my $7.00  Crest Spin Brush toothbrush
needs Vise Grips and a degree in friction coefficients to dislodge.

FACT: All camera bags are either too big or too small.

--
Roy Feldman

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Known facts concerning Leica Cameras)
Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Known facts concerning Leica Cameras)