Subject: [Leica] Sebring 12 Hrs. '59 - OT!!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue May 2 08:19:05 2006

I think I read, in the articles that surrounded the Long Beach Grand
Prix this year, that Dan Gurney and Phil Hill talked about how it was
usually a lap or so before they could get their seat belts fastened
after the start of LeMans!

I was saddened to hear that Phil Hill has Parkinson's Disease. I met
him in San Francisco in, I think, 1965. They were holding a road race
in the parking lot of Candlestick Park and he was driving one of the
Ford GT roadsters that was entered. I remember I got to sit in the car
(it had right-hand drive) and that the clutch throw was about 1/2" or
so. The only racing car I have ever sat in. Somewhere I have a picture
of the car - I took about a zillion.

Adam