Subject: [Leica] Re: Black Leica
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue May 2 08:59:51 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Keith wrote:

>  Yes, the camera will take the same photos as it would
> have were it chrome.
>  This is not my point.
>  No, I'm not going to rub olive oil on it. That was
> funny though, so thanks for the laugh.

But what you can do is rub a small amount of hard paste wax, like
Simonize, on the offending flat black surface. It won't make it shiny
but it will give you an elegant satin finish. It will also protect
the paint. It may look good enough to ease the angst. Keep it away
from the glass surfaces though.

Larry Z