Subject: [Leica] stand-alone DNG storage
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu May 4 17:01:08 2006

Doug,
Absolutely go with a device that lets you briefly check whether the images
have transferred as you will be deleting off the card and if the transfer
fails you might as well have been watching tv.  Don't be too concerned about
battery life.  An Epson 2000 only takes a few minutes to download a 2GB card
and then you turn it off.  So, ten days without power would not be a problem
for two or three downloads a day to clear your cards.  If no power is a real
concern then how about an inverter on the truck?

Don
don.dory@gmail.com