Subject: [Leica] photo'ing in a seminar. What would you have done?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sun May 7 02:17:22 2006

I was in a seminar today. There were 7 of us, critiquing each other's work
under the guidance of the lecturer (On topic: she used to use a Leica too,
may be still does). After a few hours, I thought the interaction happenings
were good, so I took out my M and shoot here and there. Just a frame now
and then. We went to lunch and after restarting, I started firing off a
shot or two. Then one of the participants looked up and said, she doesn't
appreciate to be in the pictures, so of course I put the camera away then.
None of the other people, including the lecturer, spoke up either before or
after, and I know for sure that they saw me shooting.

So what would you have done? Not shooting at all since it may be
distracting? Ask permissions in the beginning first? Or? I sort of figured
that since we are all photographers that being photographing would not have
been an issue. Guess I was wrong.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] photo'ing in a seminar. What would you have done?)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] photo'ing in a seminar. What would you have done?)