Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 47
From: heintz at ucalgary.ca (John W. Heintz)
Date: Mon May 8 09:52:56 2006

On May 7, 2006, at 9:59 AM, Eric wrote:

> Taking pictures removes you
> slightly from what's going on.  It's hard to be both a participant
> and a
> photographer.  Not impossible, but hard.

That' true, Eric, and now I've started to play with a camera again I
often find myself torn between the two roles, or - after shooting a
bit - find that I'm no longer a participant in whatever's going on.

I wonder, is there a next level of participant/photographer? Or does
taking pictures always remove one somehow?

Tina, Ted, Steve, and Karen must know a lot about this.

john h

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 47)