Subject: [Leica] OT:Need a New Small Handheld Meter
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Thu May 11 06:24:11 2006

I've used it in Jessops incarnation - well, played with it, more like.
Certainly looks identical to the Bowens one you showed in the other post.
What do I think?Not as good as an incident meter as the Digisix, that's
what. My favourite incident meter is my Weston Euromaster II - I guage any
incident meter against that - and they're still available, of course. I also
use a Lunasix F (Profisix) which is a terrific meter, but bulky, a Pentax
Spotmeter V - another metering classic - and the Digisix (not counting the
MR). I like meters! The Digi needs a bit more work to get a reliable
incident reading in tricky light when shooting landscapes, but otherwise
produces a pretty reasonable result. The lag of the Jessops CdS meter,
whilst not as bad as some I've used, slows the whole process down, and it's
certainly no more accurate. The Digisix is by far my favourite meter for M3
use, and I'm on my second battery after 2 1/2 years use. It was a bit of an
impulse buy, but it's turned
 out to be one of my best purchases.

Nick