Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 56
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat May 13 15:57:19 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 9:26 AM, Karen N wrote:

> About water purifying, I'm about to spend 6 weeks in Western China so
> it's high up on my concerns. I blogged about the various options as I
> saw them today:

If it is drinking water in small hotels that concerns you, drink
freshly boiled tea or drink beer, soda, or anything that contains at
least 2 oz. of alcohol per 8 oz. of liquid. Don't use ice cubes. Living
in India and Nepal taught me that almost any carbonated beverage from a
freshly opened bottle is safe. I have been told, but I can't verify it,
that city water in most of the larger Chinese cities is safe.

Larry Z