Subject: [Leica] Flooding in Winchester, MA
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Mon May 15 19:04:11 2006

We've had a lot of flooding in eastern New England in the last few days;
it has been raining since last Tuesday.

My town has had its share, but nowhere near as bad as other towns
further north... here's my town, shot with the isDS digital:

http://www.half-fast.com/May2006-Flooding/
28-105mm and fisheye 10-17mm

The woman who was in that red car drove around three sets of barricades
in order to get herself stuck under that train overpass yesterday.

A man who works nearby told me that she gunned the engine well before
entering the water. His estimate was 30 miles per hour. Then when the
engine stalled, she used her cell phone to call 911.

The fire department removed her from the car but refused her request to
haul it out of the water, instead they brought her to the local hospital.

By late yesterday, the water had risen enough so that only the top of
the roof was visible.

I wonder if her insurance will cover the loss given that she
deliberately drove past the barricades.

Jim

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Flooding in Winchester, MA)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Flooding in Winchester, MA)