Subject: [Leica] A Tourist in New Orleans nine months after
From: Bill at photobynelsch.com (Bill )
Date: Thu May 18 15:00:26 2006

Nine months after Katrina, the tourist part of New Orleans is a mixed bag -
a lot is open and seemingly unaffected and right next door the destruction
is still evident.  I am at a convention of bankruptcy lawyers in New Orleans
(we decided to change our location to here after the storm to help the
economy) and I hope to be meeting up with Jeffrey on Saturday to view the
other half of New Orleans.  I will say that it is not crowded in the least
and this may be the best time to visit, the French Quarter seemingly is
little affected.

For touristy happy snaps from today and yesterday:
http://photobynelsch.smugmug.com/gallery/1469625

Bill in (via New Orleans) Denver

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: A Tourist in New Orleans nine months after)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] A Tourist in New Orleans nine months after)