Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 20 Still things
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun May 21 13:57:02 2006

Don:

It's interesting to me that you do so much "thinking" about your photo
projects, whereas not being a great thinker, I mostly just go out and
shoot photos which I think are valid, (in a compositional sense) by
walking around in an area, and viewing through the camera until I
see/create said compositions.

This approach doesn't work as well with my 11x14 shots because I can't
just carry it around while looking through the groundglass with a dark
cloth over my head.

I think this is the main reason why my 11x14 photos are mostly
"postcard" compositions.

I'm not thinking that there's anything profound in my comments above,
it's just that I'm seeing a big difference in our approaches.

Perhaps it's intuitive versus analytical... and also perhaps, it's one
of the reasons why I don't like to do weddings or assignments.

Jim, "My photos are better than yours" Hemenway

:-)

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Don's PAW 20 Still things)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Don's PAW 20 Still things)
Message from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Don's PAW 20 Still things)