Subject: [Leica] Slide shows
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu May 25 05:26:16 2006

Larry,

Good question regarding slides. As a kid I remember my dad pulling out
the old Kodak projector during the holidays. We'd watch slides from
year's past. It was a family event. You can use a digital projector
today, but somehow it isn't quite the same.

There are few things as impressive as viewing 2 1/4 slides. I still
remember the first time I saw medium format projected. It was during a
class in college in the 70's. A professor showed slides of a trip to
Europe he'd taken the previous summer using a Rollei TLR. I was hooked
on MF.

FWIW, I think if people saw a 70mm Technicolor film in a theatre today
they'd be stunned. Projection quality isn't what it was.

daveR