Subject: [Leica] I got a new toy too! (Epson V700)
From: bruent at shaw.ca (Bruce)
Date: Thu May 25 08:57:30 2006

> Nathan,
> At PMA it performed very well so I also would be very interested in
> how it
> works.  I thought that you had sold off your Hassy stuff?
>
> I am accumulating an ample number of 6X9 negs and don't really want a
> 9000.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com
>

> On 5/24/06, Nathan Wajsman <nathan@nathanfoto.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yesterday morning I ordered the new Epson V700 scanner from a Dutch
>> online store, and this evening it was waiting for me when I came home
>> from work! Very timely, since I shot 3 rolls of MF film this weekend,
>> so
>> I will have something to play with as soon as I get the negatives back
>> from the lab.

There is a comparison between the similar V750 and the 9000 at
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V750/page_5.htm
Shows the Nikon is better, but how much better.

Also, I saw a big comparison of scanners on-line somewhere- scans were
done by different contributors and one observation was that some scans
from cheaper or technically inferior scanners were better than some
from superior scanners, suggesting that even with something relatively
automated user technique remains a factor.