Subject: [Leica] RE: new to LUG and setting up darkroom
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu May 25 18:01:30 2006

Chris, I'm all stocked up and functional for film processing, but yet to
christen the newly acquired old enlarger. It's interesting to hear that you
have abandoned digital ink jet printing and returned to big fibre prints. I
envy you having the space, wherewithal and just gear to make that happen.
I confess that my entire work flow after capture on film is digital. I am
only printing up to A4 size (~8x11") but seriously considering another Epson
for larger formats. It's a whole raft of new issues managing to produce
consistent quality prints in the inkjet world. On the other hand I am
totally addicted to Photoshop.

Just sourcing the basic darkroom equipment consumables is becoming
increasingly difficult, here. A city approaching something like 1.8 million
people and exactly 2 shops that I know of that stock anything at all. Don't
even get me started on Leica gear, or even film!

Cheers
Hoppy
Damn the digital tsunami.

Message: 7