Subject: [Leica] Re: eBay photos
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri May 26 07:37:13 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Frank wrote:

> I am using this to put low resolution images on EBay of stationery
> items.  The anticipated image resolution is around 640x480, if
> that much.
> I can, and do use a light meter.  I am good at it.
> I can not justify even wanting a $1000+  ( or half that number)
> digital camera.
> I wish to use my Nikon AIS lenses.  They are NOT AF.  I do not care
> about AF.
>
> So far the D50 is the most likely candidate....
> Any others?

Frank,

For this purpose any digital camera with close up capability and a LCD
screen will do. Staples and Office Max are selling HP digitals with a 3
mb chip for $89. Snap the picture, use PS to tweak it, and send it to
eBay. After you get done with the project, give the camera to some
deserving kid. Or keep it in you car for quick grab shots. Some of my
nicest pictures are opportunistic shots taken with my 7 year old Leica
Digilux Zoom with its massive 1.3 meg chip. (State of the art in 1999.)

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure) ([Leica] Re: eBay photos)