Subject: [Leica] Lens Quality in the Digital Age
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Sat May 27 16:06:29 2006

Lens quality counts. Perhaps, more than before.

A few years back, shortly after Canon introduced the EOS 1D-whatever with a
full-frame sensor and 11 MP capture, a pro said he immediately saw that a
lens which was "excellent" with film now exhibited shortcomings. I think
it's pretty well accepted among pro Canon shooters that L-Series glass is
mandatory.

And I suppose the day will come when Canon introduces L-Series Plus glass.
I'll hate that day. Because I can't afford that day. Don't let Canon read
this message, lest it give them ideas.

-Chris Lawson

P.S.:  B.D., please wring all the moisture out of the Grey Northwet before
heading home. There's a plan a-brewing for a Moto Guzzi in Seattle to learn
a circuitous route to Denver. I know I'll have an easier time teaching on
dry roads under sunny skies.

From: "Martin Krieger" <krieger@usc.edu>