Subject: [Leica] RE:Alligator recipes
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon May 29 19:19:54 2006

OT but with spicy sauce

I wasn't going to go there regarding, tastes like chicken ;-)

However I was reminded of a traditional Australian outback recipe for
cooking Galah.
(A Galah is a large parrot/cockatoo type bird with attractive pink and grey
plumage and raucous voice. They're extremely common in outback areas)

Basically, it's along the lines of a vegetable stock prepared in a camp oven
with a carefully selected river rock placed in the bottom of the pot. The
Galah is simmered in the stock for a long time until you can place a fork
into the rock.
Then just throw away the Galah and eat the rock.

Hoppy
Only third newest gallery now!

------------------------------

In a message dated 5/29/2006 5:59:14 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
hoppyman@bigpond.net.au writes:

can you do it with crawfish ;-)
 >There are plenty recipes for crawfish that let you taste the crawfish
I've eaten crocodile and it's pretty pedestrian, let me tell you.
 >That's the whole point of a spicy sauce.   ;-)

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
igaliti, liberti,  crawfish
------------------------------
 In a message dated 5/29/2006 6:25:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
don.dory@gmail.com writes:

Sonny,
Please, tell me it doesn't taste like  chicken!
Don
------------------------------
I don't eat a lot of chicken, because it reminds me of  alligator.
Actually,
alligator is more like blowfish.
 Regards,
Sonny
Sonny,
I suspect that rubber tires cooked in the same sauce would taste pretty
good too.
Larry Z
Tires would discolor the rice. Alligator is white meat and therefore
"tastes just like chicken".
Allen