Subject: [Leica] Re: Contax use
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue May 30 20:11:34 2006

At 08:37 PM 5/30/06 -0400, Don Dory wrote:
>Frank,
>You are still a very bad man.  SWMBO saw that post and knows that I have
>been checking out 21 Biogons.  What I really hope is to stumble across some
>dimwitted but needy person who has the Contax to LTM adapter for $50.  So
>far no luck so I will probably be out the C notes.
>
>The MTF's for the 21 are as good as for the new Zeiss offering and the ASPH
>21.  I assume flare will be slightly higher as only single coated.

Don

I own two 4.5/21 Biogons, one for Contarex which I use with my Cyclops, and
the other a Contarex lens converted to Leica M, uncoupled, which I use all
the time with my M6.  It is one hell of a lens.  The designer, Ludwig
Bertele, said of it, with a touch of hubris, "[W]as Penicillin f?r die
Medizin und was der D?senantrieb f?r die Luftfahrttechnik, das is das 21mm
Zeiss-Biogon f?r die Fotografie".

I got some really great shots in Alaska with that Biogon last year.  A
STRONGLY recommended lens!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!