Subject: [Leica] Leica F%#^$@#K
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Wed May 31 02:37:49 2006

Dear Richard,
You have my condolences - can you list the serial numbers on the
internet lost and stolen site? Don't have the URL here but I'm sure
fellow luggers will. Sometimes these events have happy endings and I
hope yours does. My wife and I were in Tokyo during the Chinese New
Year holiday (visiting our son works for Goldman Sachs in Tokyo) and
I left my Panasonic LX 1 in the back of a taxi. My Japanese host
assured me that I would likely get the camera back - just give him
the taxi receipt and he would call the taxi company. Unfortunately I
hadn't asked for a receipt so he asked for the colour of the cab. We
weren't sure but thought it was white with green or blue lettering.
He said he would have his office call around. When I got back to Hong
Kong I sent him the serial number of the camera and sure enough -
about two weeks later it was located in a police station on the far
side of Tokyo from where I had lost it. I couldn't believe it! I now
have the camera back. Perhaps you too will have some good luck - I
hope so.
Howard (in Hong Kong)